With the celebration of freedom during Memorial Day weekend, we also welcome the warmth of summer. I know that the first official day of summer isn’t until June 21, but something about Memorial Day just brings the image of summertime. As the daylight hours get longer, the lemonade gets colder, and outdoor adventures get more frequent, summer is such a fun time of the year…it’s kinda like Christmas, with a tan!
As you are attending all your fun festivities of the season, you want to make sure that you find yourself in the Kings Court of the Season…The House of SEERSUCKER! Not just for slow talkin’, southern politicians anymore, seersucker is available in a variety of pieces that make it easy to incorporate it into your warm weather wardrobe. Not to leave you hanging, I have come up with some inspiration pieces to get you started.
Ladies, you have tons of opportunities to bring the King into your looks.
From dresses to jackets and anything in between, you can effortlessly embody the traditional southern image.
- Look fun and flirty in a great strapless number from Old Navy. Paired with a white denim jacket, this is the perfect casual and classy look that would have you ready for any evening shindig.
- Straying away from the traditional blue seersucker, a tan print cropped pant is an essential summer item to pair with anything from a t-shirt to a gauzy top.
- For a completely casual look, pair a utility style jacket with a pair of shorts in a pop of color like green or coral.
- A seersucker skirt with an eyelet overlay gives a dramatic look of texture and pattern without being too fussy.
- A classic cut long sleeve button up in a colored seersucker is cool and casual and compliments anything from white, denim, or a bold color.
- For a dressier look, don a more structured blazer with a simple top and a great chino. This look is even suitable for summer casual wear to the office.
Gentlemen, I haven’t forgotten about you either! The quintessential fabric of any southern gentleman, seersucker is the denim of the summer. Pair it with anything, and dress it up or down.
Cool and breathable, you’ll definitely be a dapper dandy by incorporating any of these great items into your looks.
- Attending a wedding? A dressier summer soiree? Or just want to turn up for cocktails and dinner? A seersucker blazer has you covered. If you’re feeling froggy, go ahead and buy an entire seersucker suit so you can mix and match all season long.
- Fun and festive, these two color seersucker shorts are the perfect piece for summer outings. Pair with a t-shirt for a casual look, or a white button up for a more classic feel.
- Found in a variety of color options, this slim fit long sleeve button up could easily become a weekend go-to. Whether you join it with shorts, chinos, or denim, this shirt can take you from morning adventures to evening outings.
- Every girl’s crazy ’bout a sharp dressed man! This suit vest is a sleek and polished look for an alternative dressier look. A simple white button up and almost any color chino will complete this outfit with ease. Throw on a bow tie and you’ll be the beau of the ball.
- Summer is the perfect time to experiment with more graphic looks like these seersucker pants with embroidered details. I mean, what goes better with seersucker than glasses of lemonade.
- Tie one on this summer with a slim cut seersucker tie. A perfect addition to your favorite jeans and a button up, add a touch of southern prep to an otherwise simple outfit.
So whether you’re headed to the pier for a day of sunshine or rubbing elbows with old money at an evening event, these affordable seersucker options will definitely keep you in the KINGS court during the heated season. Take this warm weather time to add some classic seersucker to your wardrobe. Even in the humid heat of summer, being a SUCKER for the season is a sure way for you to stay stylish!